Tebreille din Gelyn South Wind
Tebreille din Gelyn South Wind is the Windfinder to Mareil, one of the First Twelve Wavemistresses of the Atha'an Miere (KoD, Ch. 22). She is slightly smaller than her sister and more than handsome, with a stern face, a straight nose, a strong chin and big, nearly black eyes. She wears eight fat earrings, four in each ear, and a multitude of overlapping medallions, nearly as many as Zaida (TPoD, Ch. 5; WH, Ch. 11).
She is haughty and looks at the "shore-bound" with icy disdain (WH, Ch. 11).
- Although not directly mentioned at the time, she is one of the twenty Windfinders to accompany Nynaeve and Lan to the Tarasin Palace as agreed to in the bargain with the Mistress of the Ships (ACoS, Ch. 37). On Renaile's agreement the Windfinders accompany Elayne and Nynaeve wherever they will go to activate the Bowl of the Winds (ACoS, Ch. 39).
- Among the group of Windfinders, she rides through Aviendha's Gateway from the Tarasin Palace to the Kin's farm (TPoD, Ch. 1; Ch. 3), where they arrive already so bruised from riding that Nynaeve Heals them (TPoD, Ch. 4).
- Renaile picks her out to be part of the circle that activates the Bowl of the Winds. Tebreille stands to Caire's right and is dissatisfied that her sister assumes command of the circle (TPoD, Ch. 4).
- When the Seanchan attack the farm (TPoD, Ch. 6), she Travels with the others to Andor, riding toward Caemlyn (TPoD, Ch. 20) and eventually arrives at the Royal Palace (TPoD, Ch. 28).
- She is present at Nynaeve's lessons with the apprentices, sitting on the outermost chair. When Zaida steps up to Nynaeve, the Windfinders follow her in order of rank, Caire and Tebreille ignoring each other as they assume positions directly behind Zaida (WH, Ch. 11).
- After learning of Nesta's death, the Sea Folk in the Royal Palace want to go to Illian immediately to elect a new Mistress of the Ships. Zaida bargains with Elayne and about who to leave in the Palace; as a Windfinder to a Clan Wavemistress, Tebreille is too important to leave behind, which Elayne expected (CoT, Ch. 12).
- She accompanies her Wavemistress to a meeting of the First Twelve with Logain. Cemeille din Selaan Long Eyes arrives and tells them the sad story of the Amayar's death (KoD, Ch. 22).
She and her sister hate each other with a passion (WH, Ch. 11). Harine thinks both would slit the other's throat for a copper or, better yet, see the other reduced to cleaning the bilges (KoD, Ch. 22).
Talaan is loyal to her mother, thus dislikes Tebreille, too. She calls her sly and deceitful, celebrating any humiliation she can cause Caire and Talaan thinks her aunt deserves serving on a soarer "beneath a Sailmistress with an iron hand and sore teeth" (WH, Ch. 11). Tebreille, however, is concerned about her niece after her disappearance (KoD, Ch. 22).
"Caire silently pointed to a spot at her right side; Tebreille did not speak either, nor did she hesitate in standing where her sister pointed, but her face was stone. With her, a circle of thirteen women surrounded the Bowl nearly shoulder-to-shoulder. Caire’s eyes almost sparkled. Tebreille’s were leaden. Elayne was reminded of another of Lini’s sayings. No knife is sharper than a sister’s hate." (Elayne observing; The Path of Daggers, Chapter 5)